georgedyke
Bit poster
Hello Folks,
First time in the forum, so I wasn't quite sure if this was the right home for my issue.
I have been struggling with an issue with Parallels 7 crashing ever since I upgraded PD from 6 --> 7, and upgraded to OS X Lion. Before that, with PD 6 and Snow Leopard, my stability was quite good. Here are some notes on the issue:
- I can start the PD VM no problem (Windows XP Pro), and it runs well.
- At some moment, usually within 1-5 hours of starting the VM, it crashes.
- I have experienced the crash in coherence, full screen and window modes.
- Often just before the crash, I hear the Windows sound of a USB device being unplugged.
- The main symptom of the "crash" is that the VM windows disappear and/or the applications disappear from the OS X toolbar. However, because I am running IIS within Windows for web development work, I can see that the machine is somehow still running - because the web sites I am hosting on the VM are still accessible in my OS X browser.
- The crash is almost always accompanied by a loss of internet connectivity on OS X. This normally impacts Safari and Mac Mail, but doesn't seem to impact other application like Skype as much.
- Usually after the crash a reboot of OS X is required before I can re-establish the internet connection.
- After the crash, but before the OS X reboot, if I try and re-start Parallels 7, often PD boots up, and the Windows XP windows and applications are exact ally as I left them - but not always. And in some cases, I have been unable to re-start PD without it crashing repeatedly and before I can even see the window.
- I am running the latest OS X version 10.7.2, and the latest PD version 7.0.14924.
- Also of interest - I have the same configuration on my MacBook, with the same software versions, but I don't seem to experience the issue there. Not really sure why.
I reviewed the troubleshooting threads, but couldn't find a really good match for my issue. And I have submitted a support ticket.
But any support others who have experienced a similar issue would be great. Thanks again for any ideas you can offer.
Cheers, George
First time in the forum, so I wasn't quite sure if this was the right home for my issue.
I have been struggling with an issue with Parallels 7 crashing ever since I upgraded PD from 6 --> 7, and upgraded to OS X Lion. Before that, with PD 6 and Snow Leopard, my stability was quite good. Here are some notes on the issue:
- I can start the PD VM no problem (Windows XP Pro), and it runs well.
- At some moment, usually within 1-5 hours of starting the VM, it crashes.
- I have experienced the crash in coherence, full screen and window modes.
- Often just before the crash, I hear the Windows sound of a USB device being unplugged.
- The main symptom of the "crash" is that the VM windows disappear and/or the applications disappear from the OS X toolbar. However, because I am running IIS within Windows for web development work, I can see that the machine is somehow still running - because the web sites I am hosting on the VM are still accessible in my OS X browser.
- The crash is almost always accompanied by a loss of internet connectivity on OS X. This normally impacts Safari and Mac Mail, but doesn't seem to impact other application like Skype as much.
- Usually after the crash a reboot of OS X is required before I can re-establish the internet connection.
- After the crash, but before the OS X reboot, if I try and re-start Parallels 7, often PD boots up, and the Windows XP windows and applications are exact ally as I left them - but not always. And in some cases, I have been unable to re-start PD without it crashing repeatedly and before I can even see the window.
- I am running the latest OS X version 10.7.2, and the latest PD version 7.0.14924.
- Also of interest - I have the same configuration on my MacBook, with the same software versions, but I don't seem to experience the issue there. Not really sure why.
I reviewed the troubleshooting threads, but couldn't find a really good match for my issue. And I have submitted a support ticket.
But any support others who have experienced a similar issue would be great. Thanks again for any ideas you can offer.
Cheers, George