PD10 consistently slowing down

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Rob Grayson, Nov 12, 2014.

1. Rob Grayson

Rob Grayson Member

I see there is already a thread about this, but it seems to be going nowhere so I thought I'd try a new one.

At the weekend, I upgraded my iMac to OS X 10 and upgraded Parallels Desktop from 7 to 10. Everything seemed to go smoothly. However, when I began to work in my Windows virtual machine on Monday morning, there was a noticeable lag. There was even a visible lag before typed text appeared on screen. I browsed these forums and found a post and KB article recommending an NVRAM tweak. I tried it, rebooted/restarted everything, and speed appeared to be back to normal. However, the more the day went on, the slower things got. The same happened yesterday and today: after powering down overnight, when I start everything up in the morning it's nice and fast, but as the day goes on it gets slower and slower.

I've been using the same applications in Parallels Desktop for eight years now, so believe me, I can tell when things are running slow. And this is SLOW. It's affecting my productivity, and I need a solution please, fast.

2. Abdul@Parallels

Abdul@Parallels Parallels Support

3. Rob Grayson

Rob Grayson Member

Hi Abdul,
    Thanks for your reply. I have followed the suggested steps, without success. As far as I can see, the highest value shown against any driver in the "TOTAL" column is 20093.
    Any other ideas?
    Rob

4. Rob Grayson

Rob Grayson Member

Any more ideas, please?

5. Rob Grayson

Rob Grayson Member

Come on Parallels, there must be something else you can suggest to fix this problem?

6. Abdul@Parallels

Abdul@Parallels Parallels Support