PD16: Bring back "Enable smooth scrolling" checkbox

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by DoniK, Aug 13, 2020.

1. PatrickD13

PatrickD13 Bit poster

I too find the scrolling behavior of Parallels 16 with Ubuntu 20.04 to be unusable. I edited config.pvs as suggested above and now it works much better. Please bring back the "enable smooth scrolling" checkbox.

2. ChristopherK13

ChristopherK13 Bit poster

Please bring back the 'enable smooth scrolling' checkbox. The only reason I use parallels is to continue using MS Money Sunset edition (yes really!) on Windows 10. I can no longer scroll up and down on the account pages by using the trackpad with two fingers.

3. Bartv7

Bartv7 Bit poster

Like others, I have the same problem when scrolling down in the Embarcadero Delphi IDE in Windows 10. In the past, this could be fixed by switching smooth scrolling "off". So this option is dearly missed by a number of people. It is simply a mistake to assume that since most (but not all) users use "on", the setting can be removed. This is not "user friendly". To me, this is a real downside to Parallels.

4. ParallelsU842

ParallelsU842 Bit poster

same troubles
    the best choose to allow user manage this option "SmoothScrolling" by each app/window from coherence mode

5. BrittonA

BrittonA Bit poster

This is still an issue in Parallels 17 and 18 with Visio. DoniKs solution corrected it for me.

6. Waris

Waris Bit poster

Like others, I and my colleague have the same problem when scrolling up and down in some windows apps such as PHPStorm with Logitech mouse (with Logi options). I don't understand it is just a checkbox and why you have to remove it, it doesn't make anything better. You have to improve your product, not make it worse. For anyone who wants the same thing, please vote here : https://forum.parallels.com/threads/ability-to-disable-smooth-scrolling.350866/