PD18: Google Chrome offers 32-bit version on Windows 11

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by aspen63, Aug 14, 2022.

1. aspen63

aspen63 Member

I installed 64-bit ARM version of Windows 11 Pro but when I go to Google Chrome download page I am offered 32-bit version of Chrome to download. Is it supposed to be correct behavior and 64-bit version is not supported? At least it should run in x64 emulation mode I believe.

2. AnuragG

AnuragG Bit poster

I am also facing the same issue.
    Is there a way to install 64 bit version Chrome to parallels Windows 11?

3. DENNISC11

DENNISC11 Bit poster

i have been looking for an answer to this as well. even though I select other platforms and select Windows 11/10 64-bit, it ignores that and just installs the 32 bit version. unfortunatley i don't expect an answer from anyone on here, these messages are largely ignored.

4. YujiH

YujiH Bit poster

Same issue. When I go to the chrome, it says 64 bit but when I go into chrome it says 32 bit. I uninstalled the 32bit and redownloaded but still doesn't seem to work.

5. Mikhail Ushakov

Mikhail Ushakov Parallels Team

Hello,
    Would you provide us with step-by-step instructions to replicate the issue locally?
    Additionally, it'd be great if you could reproduce the issue again and collect a technical report as outlined in https://kb.parallels.com/9058? Share the report ID with us, please.

6. TTR

TTR Bit poster

This is still a problem, in 2024, 2 years after this thread was opened.

7. Avinash Bundhoo

Avinash Bundhoo Staff Member

Hello!
    In order to proceed with further investigation, kindly provide us with the below information:
    1. Reproduce the issue.
    2. Collect a technical report (right-click Parallels icon in Dock > Help > Send technical data > check "Attach screenshots..." > press Send Report) and send the report's 9-digit ID in a reply.
    Thank you!

8. YujiH

YujiH Bit poster

I have sent the screenshot back in August 2023. But no solution. I wonder if other VMs have this issue.