PD4 coherence doesn't update screen ->suspend/resume to fix

Hi,

I am concerned about the stability of PD4 for me. I have two issues (that may be the same one that gets worse):

My system: MacBook with 3GB RAM OS X 10.4.11 with all updates. PD4 upgraded through the beta releases to current Release version. On Temporary Activation code as I am not happy paying to upgrade our two systems with this issue.
Guest: recently created VM of Windows 2008 std with desktop experience and all the updates.

1. seemingly randomly the screen will not refresh and no key presses or mouse clicks will get control of Windows apps. seems to be unrelated to doing stuff or not, outlook / IE7 (now IE8 but still issues), doing nothing but the system is idle with only mail downloads happening periodically. If I change to "Window" I can see the updated screen but still have no control of the guest system. BTW, the Host system is still accessible. Changing back to coherence or full Screen doesn't change the display. Happened in Beta and still happens in Please see: #9198, #11520, #12755, #14100, #20099.

2. Spontaneous crash when left idle for a while e.g. > 30 mins. #18531, #18760, #19794, #19814.

Do I need to uninstall completely to remove any Beta code fragments and reinstall?

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks,

Duncan Whitcombe
 
worse now :(

I removed and reinstalled PD4 to (hopefully) remove the legacy / beta stuff. Unfortunately, the screen freezing in the host problem still occurs but now when I try to suspend, it won't suspend cleanly and so I can't restart it or shut it down without rebooting the host.

#21795

Please can I get some feedback on this one?

BTW, I went to w21k8 because my vista machine had been having similar hassles and I thought it might be the image which had been dragged over from parallels 3.

Yours hopefully,

Duncan
 
I have installed the new Beta version and since then it hasn't lost control. Yay. Anything further I will update in the Beta forum .

Thanks Wonderful developers. Now, once we have full screen coherence on dissimilar sized monitors my happiness wil be complete.
 
Duncan I am running Parallels 4 (not beta) and have no issues of losing control. Just thought I would pass that on!
 
Back
Top