Hi there
I am trying PD 6 and so far it's a great update. Very fast.
But today, at work (big corp), I used it for the first time and, as I had to print some reports, I tried to install our network printer drivers (Canon IR 3300) with Windows's "Add Printer" wizard.
But, no matter what I tried, I always got the "Win can't conect to the printer" error.
I even tried with my DP6 boot camp machine and i couldn't install the printer either.
As I also use VirtualBox, I tried to do the same (exact same conditions) and it worked perfectly.
Also, when I used DP5 (which I deleted to install the demo of DP6), I remember I had installed the network printer with no problems too.
So the problem seems to be on the DP6 side.
Meanwhile, I am back to VirtulBox and I'll give Fusion i try too.
Vic
--
Macbook pro Unibody 15 mid 2010, Core i5, 4 Gb RAM
Snow Leopard 10.6.4
Windows XP SP3
I am trying PD 6 and so far it's a great update. Very fast.
But today, at work (big corp), I used it for the first time and, as I had to print some reports, I tried to install our network printer drivers (Canon IR 3300) with Windows's "Add Printer" wizard.
But, no matter what I tried, I always got the "Win can't conect to the printer" error.
I even tried with my DP6 boot camp machine and i couldn't install the printer either.
As I also use VirtualBox, I tried to do the same (exact same conditions) and it worked perfectly.
Also, when I used DP5 (which I deleted to install the demo of DP6), I remember I had installed the network printer with no problems too.
So the problem seems to be on the DP6 side.
Meanwhile, I am back to VirtulBox and I'll give Fusion i try too.
Vic
--
Macbook pro Unibody 15 mid 2010, Core i5, 4 Gb RAM
Snow Leopard 10.6.4
Windows XP SP3