BarryinColorado
Junior Member
Installed PD7 Build 7.0.14922 under Lion 10.7.1. I use a year old MacBook Pro with plenty of memory. It works fine and I have no slow startup or shutdown issues using PD 7 or in Lion. In fact, PD 7 does seem to operate my Win 7 VM rather nicely and Coherence mode works just fine. I do not use multiple monitors. I have taken a look at CPU usage with Activity Monitor and nothing seems out of the ordinary.
My issue: when I boot into Win 7 VM, I get several not beeps but sounds (about 5 or 6) that I have tracked down to being an issue with print drivers. The good thing is in the Win 7 device screen it now shows the real names for my Mac connected printers and it does seem to print with no problems. But it shows HP Color LaserJet 2800 Series PS as the printers other name and I guess the driver it is using rather than a driver for the printer D110 HP PhotoSmart that I have connected to the Mac. I think this is the issue with the beeps as the VM starts. It still prints fine.
I have tried deleting all the Mac connected printers and then when the VM (Win 7) starts, I get no beeps but the only printer it shows is HP8500 and nothing prints (I do not have that printer ).
So, how to get rid of the startup beeps???????
I called Parallels help desk and they told me to not worry about it since everything still works. This seems like a minor bug that should be fixable.
or maybe some setting I need to make or drive to install??
My configuration setting is
add all Mac printers and synchronize default printer.
My issue: when I boot into Win 7 VM, I get several not beeps but sounds (about 5 or 6) that I have tracked down to being an issue with print drivers. The good thing is in the Win 7 device screen it now shows the real names for my Mac connected printers and it does seem to print with no problems. But it shows HP Color LaserJet 2800 Series PS as the printers other name and I guess the driver it is using rather than a driver for the printer D110 HP PhotoSmart that I have connected to the Mac. I think this is the issue with the beeps as the VM starts. It still prints fine.
I have tried deleting all the Mac connected printers and then when the VM (Win 7) starts, I get no beeps but the only printer it shows is HP8500 and nothing prints (I do not have that printer ).
So, how to get rid of the startup beeps???????
I called Parallels help desk and they told me to not worry about it since everything still works. This seems like a minor bug that should be fixable.
or maybe some setting I need to make or drive to install??
My configuration setting is
add all Mac printers and synchronize default printer.