PD8: Reinstall of Parallels Tools seems to hang?

JoacimB

Junior Member
Trying to reinstall PT as I had issues with Domino Designer 8.5.3 after upgrading from the latest release PD7 to PD8.

The install works fine, no error messages and I reboot.

But then it just seems to sit there, doing nothing: (See attached file)


Running on ML with a MBP Retina.
 

Attachments

  • Screen Shot 2012-08-30 at 9.54.44 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2012-08-30 at 9.54.44 PM.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 7
Ah, sorry no.

Windows 7 Ultimate.

Windows 8 Pro went fine.


Could it be related to the fact that W7 wasn't shutdown before I upgraded to PD8 maybe?
It still looks like my attached image in my previous post. No CPU, no network activity..
 
Tools install failed

I am having exactly the same issue with Windows 7 Professional and PD8. I have attached a screenshot. I am able to Reset the VM and it will boot the second time but it never re-attempts to run whatever it is trying to run from cmd. Things *seem* ok afterwards except for when I try to re-run the system assessment, it hangs at the Examining Hardware stage. Tried uninstalling the tools and then rebooting and re-installing but the same thing happens.

Suggestions?
 

Attachments

  • Screen Shot 2012-09-04 at 9.01.16 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-09-04 at 9.01.16 PM.png
    246 KB · Views: 4
I never did manage solve this, decided to move to Win8 Pro instead and there everything worked fine.


/J
 
Not a huge fan of Windows 8. I have it working properly, and yes the tools do install fine there, but I really would like to Windows 7 to work properly without having to re-install it.

Parallels people...solution?
 
Back
Top