Performance questions on this setup / install - Advice appreciated

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by MarkH28, Aug 7, 2019.

1. MarkH28

MarkH28 Bit poster

Looking for some advice.
    I need to run Parallels for excel ( really large files 500meg + ) and some intensive but brief rendering/data transformation applications I can only use on Windows. How is performance on Parallels 14 on Mac?
    I ask before I buy a new 15 Macbook Pro to do this with. I assume an i9 8 core, 32 gig RAM with higher end graphics ( 560? ) would/should perform really well for Windows apps with Parallels 14? Advice on this really appreciated. Big purchase, so trying to make sure!

I also plan to run in seamless/cohesion mode if that makes a difference. Advice on performance for intensive windows apps really appreciated.
    I have read that V14 is much better, but would like some user experiences to back this up.

I have used Virtualbox etc. before and the performance was ok, but not much more. the GPU access is likely a large component, along with I/O speed for most apps. Not sure how well V14 does in this space?

Thanks!!

2. kavyaM

kavyaM Hunter

We have launched a new version in Parallels Desktop(15). Please refer the article to start Parallels Desktop trial. Also refer the article to know about GPU support in Parallels Desktop.