phantom copying message with universal clipboard turned on

Discussion in 'Parallels Toolbox for Mac' started by RayM, Mar 11, 2020.

1. RayM

RayM Bit poster

I have a mac pro and mac mini on the same network both signed in with my apple id. File sharing was off. When I copied files from an external drive to the mac pro, a message shows up (with some delay) on the mac mini. Screen Shot 2020-03-09 at 4.34.04 PM.png Screen Shot 2020-03-10 at 10.03.28 PM.png
    This led me to believe initially that someone out there was taking control of my computer since I copied nothing to the Mac mini. After a few experiments it seems that this is coming from Parallels Tools interaction with Universal Clipboard feature of Sierra and Catalina. Can someone else confirm this hypothesis? This would seem to be a bug as it is a bit alarming to see messages about files being copied that I did not initiate. Why is the program behaving this way? Will it be fixed?

2. sergk

sergk Parallels Developers

Hello,

yes, this situation can appear if you have shared clipboard ON between your devices. "Clipboard History" tool checks clipboard changing to store its history. If new item in clipboard is file then tool check if this file is image. If yes, tool stores this image locally.

It can't be considered as bug, but I think we can add something like option for "Clipboard History" tool to ignore remote clipboard changes.

3. RayM

RayM Bit poster

Thanks for the confirmation