PHP errors with Parallels and docker

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by PaulL9, Nov 21, 2018.

1. PaulL9

PaulL9 Bit poster

We have parallels business installed on Mac, and we have a Linux system as guess, inside Linux we install Docker and hosting our projects on local machine.
    it ran fine until recently several developers in the team experiencing similar issues.
    The issue is if we edit a file on Mac, or use Git switch to different branch, most likely our PHP project fails to run and report errors such as syntax error or could be others, but in fact those errors are unreal, each time we see this, then we have to stop docker containers, shut down Linux VM in Parallels, then restart VM, restart docker again, then the projects go back to normal. but as soon as we start editing some PHP files, PHP might shows similar error again, and we have to repeat the same process to solve this issue.

This problem happens to at least 3 developers here, is there anyone has similar problem and how to solve it?
    Thanks for any help in advance.

2. KebhaK@Parallels

KebhaK@Parallels Hunter

Hi @PaulL9 , Please update Parallels Desktop 14 to the latest build (45387) and check the issue.

3. PaulL9

PaulL9 Bit poster

hi @KebhaK@Parallels , the version we installed is the latest already, it is Version 14.0.1 (45154), where can we find latest build 45387. I tried to download from your website or use update feature from Parallels desktop, but seems both are build 45154.

Please point me to where I can download 45387. Thanks.

4. KebhaK@Parallels

KebhaK@Parallels Hunter

Please download it by using this link

5. PaulL9

PaulL9 Bit poster

@KebhaK@Parallels Thanks for the help. I installed build 45387 but the problem still there. I still need to stop docker containers in Linux and then shutdown Linux VM.

6. KebhaK@Parallels

KebhaK@Parallels Hunter

Hi @PaulL9 , please send us a technical report ID by following steps in the article

7. PaulL9

PaulL9 Bit poster

@KebhaK@Parallels I have submitted technical data, also record a short video to show what the problem is (link in submission).
    the report ID is 287030769

Just a note, not sure if related, we used Parallels 13 before and we upgraded to Parallels 14 about a month ago and some people start experiencing this issue.

8. KebhaK@Parallels

KebhaK@Parallels Hunter

Thank you for providing the Technical report. We will investigate and will get back to you.

9. PaulL9

PaulL9 Bit poster

10. PaulL9

PaulL9 Bit poster

@KebhaK@Parallels we downgradeed back to Parallels 13, and the issue disappeared. So seems this is a problem on Parallels 14 only.