Ping from host mac to vm guest windows

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by Joseph6, Oct 14, 2020.

1. Joseph6

Joseph6 Bit poster

I tried to ping from host mac terminal to guest windows, but it seems the windows is not accessible no matter what network mode I choose. I have tried shared network and bridge wifi modes, but with both modes, I can only ping from windows to mac, but got timeout with ping from mac to windows

2. Hello, do you have any issue with networking on Windows side?
    Could you please provide us with a screenshot of ping? Also could you collect the tech report right after the issue reproduced and post the report's ID here?

3. Joseph6

Joseph6 Bit poster

Thanks for replying. All the things about networking working except ping. For example, after I use the shared network mode in parallels, and got a internal IP which is 10.211.55.3. It's also displayed when type ipconfig in Windows's command.

But when I try to ping this IP from mac's terminal, it returns timeout. Do I need to configure sth to make the windows accessible for mac? And since it's mac which sends ping request, would the tech report help?

And my final destination is I started a docker-compose in mac's terminal, and it can be reached by Windows without problem. But the server in mac's docker-compose would need to send a request to the server in Windows. Since Windows is not accessible for mac with Ping, so the server in mac's docker-compose do not know where the windows' server is.