Please help: files corrupted, but data still seems to be there

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by MonicaM2, Jan 5, 2019.

1. MonicaM2

MonicaM2 Bit poster

I hope someone can help me before my husband kills me. We have parallels installed on our mac and mostly use it for photos and Quicken. I updated my mac today and added a backup disc. When I went to reopen parallels it seemed to be updating. I was finally able to open it and could see that the files were all gibberish. I was able to move some photos safely from the virtual machine into Mac photos (they looked like gibberish but I could see all the data was there), but then when I went to open Quicken the same thing happened. The files looks like this:
    quickengibberish.png
    I wonder if there is something going in with the sharing? The Quicken file is showing up in my mac "Documents" folder on the dock now.

2. MonicaM2

MonicaM2 Bit poster

I tweeted parallels and they responded right away. Had me take a snapshot from actions, and then reset from actions. It worked! Panic attack over. Thought I'd leave this here in case it happens to someone else.

3. Hi MonicaM2. Nice to know that it works and thanks for sharing the steps here. Please post again for additional queries.

MonicaM2 likes this.