Please help with video card settings???

Eroxx

Bit poster
I have a brand new imac, with 8 gigs of ram. When I load any game (from steam or self-installed), first of all, the sound comes out somewhat choppy. SEcondly, the video is a FRACTION of my monitor. It is in the middle of the screen, and quite small.

When I loaded steam, it told me that my video card settings were out of date, but since the video card is "parallels emulation," how can I update it?

Any help will be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks -

Eric
 
Make sure you're using the latest version of Parallels Desktop 6 (build 11826).

Virtual Machine -> Configure -> Hardware -> Video. Set the Video memory to the max (256 MB). Enable 3D acceleration. If you have any problems, disable virtual sync.

Virtual Machine -> Configure -> Options -> Full Screen -> Adjust Mac resolution in full screen. Then change the monitor settings in Windows if the entire screen isn't being filled.
 
Back
Top