"Please wait while your printers are redirected" after upgrading RAS

Discussion in 'Parallels Remote Application Server' started by SamS22, Feb 24, 2022.

1. SamS22

SamS22 Member

I upgraded RAS from v18.1.22715 to RAS v18.3.22894 and since then get the dialog below when launching an application from the client and starting a session:

upload_2022-2-25_11-30-44.png

We already had remote printing disabled for all hosts.

upload_2022-2-25_11-32-58.png

I did try enable printing - applying farm settings and disabling again but no change.

Client connections also has Printing NONE.

upload_2022-2-25_11-34-10.png

Any thoughts?

2. SamS22

SamS22 Member

FWIW - this appears it may have gone away by doing the following:

Enable Printing on affected RD Session Host - Invoke Apply Farm Settings.
    Disable Printing on affected RD Session Host - Invoke Apply Farm Settings

3. jpc

jpc Pro

That window appears if you have the following option enabled "Wait until all RAS Universal Printers are redirected before showing the application", either in the application's publishing settings (under "Display") or in the site's default settings. Try disabling the option and see if the changes are applied properly.

In theory, I would have assumed that if RAS Universal Printing is disabled on the server-side, it would not appear (RAS logs for shell.log should show something like "RAS printing is disabled for this server"). Could there be something that is preventing settings propagation from the Publishing Agents to the RDSH Agents?

(Also, from your description, it is unclear if only the RAS server-side or if also the client was updated to v18.3.22894.)

4. SamS22

SamS22 Member

Thanks JPC

For reference that option is not enabled in the published items nor default settings.
    At the moment upgraded RAS not yet the client to match.

No new entries in shell.log since last year.
    Anyway it hasn't come back again now this issue.

upload_2022-3-1_5-34-28.png

5. jpc

jpc Pro

I missed this message. Your results make sense to me. Changing settings generally requires a manual apply. If one just enables/disables something without pressing apply only the last set of changes will be applied (so if there was something wrong with this setting, the enabled state would not have been propagated resulting in mostly a no-op/do-nothing).
    Did you check the RASLogs\UserLogs\Shell.log or RASLogs\Shell.log? The latter is its old location.

6. SamS22

SamS22 Member

I had used the old location not the new location.

Not a single line with the keyword "printing" in the log. several lines like this just after I did the version upgrade, but no more entries like this line after I did the enable-apply/disable-apply of printing.

[I 09/00000009/T232C/P0BBC/S0002] 14-02-22 13:09:08 - Wait for RAS printers is not enabled