Hey guys,
I have 2 instances of Windows 10 on my MBP, A straight VM image I created via Parallels and then a 2nd instance created via bootcamp.
I use the Parallels Image of Win10 for work, and then setup a second Bootcamp instance so I can do some gaming on the side and keep it completely separate from my work environment. I also wanted the option to go straight into the OS for more demanding software.
My work Win10 image works great. Hums along and generally having a great experience.
My Bootcamp Win10 instance on the other hand is terrible. I have no idea why. Frame rate and performance is horrible just using the OS let alone an application. I would say unusable for any practical purposes. When I go into the bootcamp instance via boot, its great. Everything runs fine as it should but via parallels just awful.
I went ahead and deleted the parallels bootcamp thinking maybe something is corrupt or just wrong and then re-set it up again.. Same thing.. Just bad.
I am returning to macs after a 10 year hiatus so i've used parallels in the past but its been a long time so its probably just me or my settings. Looking for some help / advice?
My MBP
16in 2019 2.3 8core i9 16GB Ram 5500M 4GB
Running Parallels Pro 15.1.4
Bootcamp settings via parallels
Games Only
4 cores
8GB ram
Memory Auto for GFX
I have 2 instances of Windows 10 on my MBP, A straight VM image I created via Parallels and then a 2nd instance created via bootcamp.
I use the Parallels Image of Win10 for work, and then setup a second Bootcamp instance so I can do some gaming on the side and keep it completely separate from my work environment. I also wanted the option to go straight into the OS for more demanding software.
My work Win10 image works great. Hums along and generally having a great experience.
My Bootcamp Win10 instance on the other hand is terrible. I have no idea why. Frame rate and performance is horrible just using the OS let alone an application. I would say unusable for any practical purposes. When I go into the bootcamp instance via boot, its great. Everything runs fine as it should but via parallels just awful.
I went ahead and deleted the parallels bootcamp thinking maybe something is corrupt or just wrong and then re-set it up again.. Same thing.. Just bad.
I am returning to macs after a 10 year hiatus so i've used parallels in the past but its been a long time so its probably just me or my settings. Looking for some help / advice?
My MBP
16in 2019 2.3 8core i9 16GB Ram 5500M 4GB
Running Parallels Pro 15.1.4
Bootcamp settings via parallels
Games Only
4 cores
8GB ram
Memory Auto for GFX