Poor sound quality

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by User5830285, May 26, 2020.

Tags:
  1. User5830285

User5830285 Bit poster

I'm reposting this here from feature requests in the hope that it's something that can be solved with settings or setup.

See the original thread here:
    https://forum.parallels.com/threads/improve-sound-quality-in-macos-vms.349171/#post-867288

Basically it seems like running a macOS virtual machine in macOS can have poor sound quality. (Not sure about Windows as I don't have it.) I'm running a Mojave virtual machine on Catalina, using Parallels Desktop 15. As TMC described it in the original thread, "The sound is very poor. Radio-like sound with low and high frequencies cut."

I tried to contact support but they don't seem to understand the issue. To be clear, the audio is working, the quality is just poor (sounds like a low sampling rate or something like that).

It's very hard to find any information about this. Is anyone else having the same problem? This is probably the only thing stopping me from buying this software (was on trial version but haven't bought yet because I couldn't resolve this issue).

Thanks!