I have a question about the Windows 8 left-swipe:
Let's say I have the Windows 8 Start Screen up with all the tiles. I then open up the Mail app, then exit back to the Start Screen. If I move my mouse pointer to the upper-left corner of the Start Screen, I get the tiny preview icon showing Mail. However, if I attempt to left-swipe while on the Windows 8 Start Screen, nothing happens.
If I open up a second Windows 8 app (such as Internet Explorer) and then return to the Start Screen, the left-swipe then works and shows me both Mail and Internet Explorer as options to switch to.
So from what I can tell, if you have only ONE app running, left-swipe doesn't do anything.
- If you're on the Start Screen, you can switch back to your background app using the left-corner preview icon.
- If you're within the single running app, you can only return to the Start Screen via Charms or the keyboard.
It seems you MUST have at least two apps running before left-swipe becomes functional.
Can anyone else confirm this behavior? And is it specific to Windows 8 itself, or a Parallels issue? (I'm guessing W8.)