Possible Toolbox Problem

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by DavidJ5, Mar 6, 2017.

1. DavidJ5

DavidJ5 Junior Member

I have a late 2016 15" MacBook Pro with Windows 10. After a few weeks of no problems today after receiving a message that Parallels Toolbox had automatically updated things got weird, it was no longer possible to log onto Windows effectively. It either stalled on the Windows welcome page with nothing to click on or made it to the Windows screen but when the cursor moved down to the task bar or lower left hand Windows icon you just got the spinning cursor. I uninstalled Toolbox with no improvement, then I reinstalled Parallels without Toolbox and after a couple of reboots it does get to a usable Windows, however instead of Windows being ready almost immediately it takes about 4-5 minutes Before Windows is usable, first task bar programs appear after 30 seconds or so and then it's the spinning icon if hovered over the task bar or lower left Windows icon. And there is the peculiarity that if you happen to click on a blank part of the task bar the icons disappear and it takes about a minute before they reappear, the spinning icon stops and functionality seems to be restored. I haven't really worked with Windows apps yet to see if functionality has been effected. Any idea on how to clean this up?

2. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @DavidJ5 , just to confirm are you mentioning about Parallels Tools which is installed inside Widows virtual machine ? or Parallels Tool box which is a separate application which is installed on your Mac.

3. DavidJ5

DavidJ5 Junior Member

I was talking about Parallels Toolbox on the Mac. I did not install it after these troubles happened. I can get into Windows now but instead of Windows starting almost immediately it now takes 5-6 minutes for Windows to become ready to use. I've already gone through a lengthy debug process with Parallels where you took control of my computer, you determined the fault was Windows. I would have thought that some Windows or Parallels update would have fixed the problem by now. Needless to say I'm not happy with Windows 10 or Parallels interface to it. I've done nothing that coulod have caused this besides using the computer normally. At the first opportunity I'm going to reinstall Windows. Unless you have a very easy suggestion to fix it I'm done spending time on it- beyond waiting like the old days for Windows to start.