Possibly a clean solution for "USB device in use" problem

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by karunko, Oct 31, 2006.

1. deggungombo

deggungombo Bit poster

It Works: MacBook 2GHz Intel Core Duo, 2 GB RAM (macosx 10.4.9)
    (msdos flash disk to mount on winXP)

p.s. i had to find the right sequence to unload drivers (if you don't find the right order the unloading will fail)
    for my laptop has been enough to unload (in this order):
    1) com.apple.iokit.IOUSBMassStorageClass
    2) com.apple.filesystems.msdosfs

for the future i hope to have an user friendly solution :D

Last edited: May 4, 2007
  2. soundzen

soundzen Junior Member

OH MY GOD I FINALY MADE IT... it works my friend!!! youre a genius... i took the time to follow by the book your instructions and finaly when i clicked back on my usb pen the usb icon appeared on the windows toolbar at down-right corner and started to recognise and open the content of the pen! I WANT TO KISS YOU! THANKS A MILLION :D

Last edited: May 31, 2007
  3. soundzen

soundzen Junior Member

Ooppss - i rebooted the macbook and entered parallels VM winXP and tried to plug my usb pen but the warning poped-up again even when my iomega external disc is listed in the usb parallels button at down-right corner. ohhh well! ill do the same steps again each time i swith OS, no worries!

[​IMG]

see this image full size to notice the simple 3 steps needed in mac to unlock the usb in parallels... the comands are simple and fast to solve the problem (the word instructions, the terminal entries, the usb list)

4. Wasgo

Wasgo Bit poster

I've been happy with Parallels up until now, but I now need to use my USB key for work. Considering I've spent all this money on the software, I don't want to have to use terminal every time I want to use it. Is there any better way, or am I going to have to start asking for a refund?