PowerSaver behaviour

Discussion in 'Parallels Toolbox for Mac' started by TsetsoZ, Sep 8, 2022.

1. TsetsoZ

TsetsoZ Junior Member

Hello,
    I've just recently bought license for Parallels 18 and with it received the additional ToolBox.
    After unplugging the the power supply I was asked if I want to enable the power saver feature and I confirmed, just out of curiosity...
    However, something really odd happened, my wallpaper was changed for some odd reason and I'm not sure, but I also think something else also changed in the general behaviour, maybe something related to the animations, transparency settings, I can't really tell, because after disabling the power saver, the old settings are not restored.
    The "time left on battery" timer was also immediately changed to 20hours(which was not accurate in any way, it's an M1 Pro with the larger GPU, it can't live more than 8-10 hours).

Can you tell me exactly what is the power saver touching?
    I saw some old FAQ from 2019, but it hardly tells what exactly it does and where it touches.

2. Mikhail Ushakov

Mikhail Ushakov Parallels Team

Hello!
    Would you collect a technical report and send its ID to us, please? The instructions are available at https://kb.parallels.com/124107 .

3. TsetsoZ

TsetsoZ Junior Member

Hi,
    Here's the ID: 406903737
    I don't think there will be much useful info in the debugging information which I've sent... i've allowed myself to take a quick look at the files, what i see is the power saver reports that has enabled all options which were selected in the GUI, e.g. "pause updates", "pause time machine backups"...
    However, the behaviour was really weird, when I first launched it... My wallpaper was changed to the default one, the "Remaining time on battery" in the "Activity monitor" jumped to 20:00h.(immediately, while typically it needs some time to refresh), the animations, transparency, all disappeared.
    This is why I've asked where it typically touches or if there are some unofficial stuff that it does or touches to achieve that.

Now, even if I turn it on/ off manually, it doesn't behave this way.

4. Ashley Chumun

Ashley Chumun Staff Member

Hello!
    We will answer your query in ticket 3659952 .
    Best regard!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2022
  5. TsetsoZ

TsetsoZ Junior Member

I use SSO with my apple account on the website, and I can't open the ticket... Tried the GitHub SSO option and even my Microsoft account.
    In all cases I receive something like:
    "User account 'tsexxx.xxxxxx@outlook.com' from identity provider 'live.com' does not exist in tenant 'Corel Corporation' and cannot access the application 'b4e65984-2b0c-4cf1-acfa-d4ca78f97d40'(RequestTracker) in that tenant. The account needs to be added as an external user in the tenant first. Sign out and sign in again with a different Azure Active Directory user account.""

6. Ashley Chumun

Ashley Chumun Staff Member

Hello!
    You need to sign in to your My Account via this link: https://my.parallels.com/support/tickets to access the status of your tickets. We have sent you a communication to your registered email address. Please check it and reply to us.

TsetsoZ likes this.