print to pdf

Discussion in 'Parallels Website and Forum' started by TommasoT, Jul 19, 2010.

1. TommasoT

TommasoT Bit poster

Dear all,

I use Parallels Desktop 5 for Mac with a Mac Os X 10.6.3. I use Windows XP with Parallels.

I have an application that works only in Windows and so I installed it there. I need to print from that application to a pdf file.

When I try to print from that application, the only option I have is: HP Color LaserJet 8500 PS
    As pointed out in other threads in this forum, this is just a name for the default printer on the Mac: indeed, when I print to this printer, the document actually prints to my default printer on the Mac (that is not the same model as the above HP). I have opened the printers' options from the Mac's System preferences and try to set the pdf printer as a default printer but the pdf printer does not appear among the options. Therefore I am stuck to printing from Windows to the only printer I have, which is a Laser Jet one. Does anyone know how to pass to Windows the option of printing to pdf? (I do not have Adobe pro, for the record)

I have also tried other tips indicated in this forum. I have downloaded several programs to print to pdf (pdfcreator, cutepdf etc.). These programs are free and allow, when installed on PCs, to print to pdf from most of the applications of a PC. With this method, I would not be using Mac's printers but just the pdf printer installed on Windows via, say, cutepdf. However when I click their icons, in order to install them, I get an error message saying that the setup files are corrupted. The downloaded files however are not corrupted in the sense that, when I open them with the Mac, they open just fine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best,
    Tommaso

2. TommasoT

TommasoT Bit poster