Printer won't work if driver isn't HP Color LaserJet 8500 PS

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by SylvainC, Oct 27, 2011.

1. SylvainC

SylvainC Bit poster

Using Parallels 7 built 7 on a MacBook Pro 10.7.2 with 8GB Ram.

Everything works really well except when I print PDFs from my virtual windows (XP) on my Brother HL-2140. The problem is fairly simple, all accentuated letters (é, è, ê, etc) end up screwed up when printed on this particular USB printer. If I print on any other network printer I have no issues and if I print from any other application to the Brother printer the accentuated letters are fine...

I tried to change the driver from HP Color LaserJet 8500 PS to Brother HL-2140 but this stops the printing on this printer completely and I end up with error messages in the printer queue on the Mac side. Strangely, my network printers are also configures to use the HP Color LaserJet 8500 PS driver...

I must say I love how easy it is to print with v7 compared to previous ones. If this last little issue could get fixed...

Thanks

2. SylvainC

SylvainC Bit poster

It's not an HP driver issue, the problem is the print job will not be printed if any other driver is used than the HP one.

3. Neo HeavenM

Neo HeavenM Junior Member

I'm also having the same problem.How do we fix it easily?Thanks.. [​IMG]

4. YanaYana

YanaYana

This particular HP driver is the default driver for all shared printers in Parallels and you are strongly recommended not to change these settings.
    As per the improper functioning - I suggest you to create a support ticket on Parallels website - this case need to be investigated