Printing problems on Windows side (IE8) after latest Parallels Update (6.0.11990)

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Jduffeytx, Dec 13, 2010.

1. Jduffeytx

Jduffeytx Bit poster

Before downloading and installing the update last week (around December 6th) I could print using IE8 just fine. After installing the newest version of Parallels (6.0.11990) when I try to print a page in IE8 I get many pages of just HTML code. Technical support is either unaware of the issue or the customer support people I've spoken to are clueless.

I use a Macbook Pro (OS 10.6.5).

2. Jduffeytx

Jduffeytx Bit poster

I've now been on hold for over an hour. Tried their online chat but that's only a ruse. It doesn't function.

3. Napickard

Napickard Bit poster

Printing problems

Have exact same issue with Paraleels over the past few weeks. Hope there is a solution soon.

4. EngY

EngY Bit poster

Confirmed. Its a bug. Tried recovering from an backup image that I know printed correctly and this new version is causing the problem.

5. Napickard

Napickard Bit poster

Explorer printing issue

I have found that other browsers (Chrome or Firefox) don't have the bug; only with IE.

6. drgregh

drgregh Bit poster

I am having the same problem, but only computers using an Intel i3 or i7 processor. My DualCore machines are just fine with the recent update. Please let me know if anyone has found a solution. I have to use IE8 for my medical records. It has really been difficult not being able to print out orders or prescriptions.