Printing to password-protected network printer in Windows

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by andy2600, Jun 1, 2016.

1. andy2600

andy2600 Junior Member

I brought my iMac to work and got everything running correctly in Windows 10 via Parallels. It works great. However, I cannot print to a password-protected network printer. On the work-provided computer that I used before, I would get a password box so I could enter the password to print. On the iMac, even after installing the printer driver in both Mac and Windows and customizing all the options in both OSes, I do not get the password box in either Mac or Windows. Per the office manager, there is no separate application or driver for the printer that I need to install; the box is supposed to just pop up and I am simply not getting it. On the printer, the job appears in the queue but it gets deleted because I didn't enter the password. What should I do? The printer is a Konica C364e administered by a local office products company. Thanks.

2. Raj@Parallels

Raj@Parallels Guest

Hey @andy2600,
    Please let us know whether is it Network/USB type printer?
    Is it connected to your Mac and Windows and shows in the list of printers?

3. andy2600

andy2600 Junior Member

It is a network printer connected to the ethernet network that I'm on. It shows up in both Mac and Windows in the list of printers.

4. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Hi andy2600,
    Please try to change the network mode to bridged and then check if you can print. You can refer this article to know more about network modes.

Thanks,
    Ajith M.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2016