PRL_ERR_DISK_IMAGES_CORRUPTED after upgrading from v12 to v13

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by CanP, Sep 22, 2017.

1. CanP

CanP Bit poster

I was working on my Windows 10 VM with no issues and I've decided to upgrade to v13. I've downloaded and installed the update, and then when I tried to resume Windows 10 I've got this:

PRL_ERR_DISK_IMAGES_CORRUPTED

When I click it, I get this:

Unable to connect Hard Disk 1.
    ---
    A file or device required for the operation of Hard Disk 1 does not exist or is used by another process, or you have no permission to access it. The virtual machine will continue running, but the device will be disconnected.

I also have a Ubuntu VM where I'm not having any issues so it's an isolated case for my Windows VM. I've tried reverting a known working state. It reverted but was unable to boot with the same error. I've decided to rollback the revert and switch to the latest state but I got an error when trying to switch back:

Unable to revert to this snapshot.
    ---
    An error occurred while restoring the virtual machine state.

It also has a "help me solve this problem" link which suggests things that I've already tried (e.g. shut down VM, unmount drives etc).

I'm on: MacBook Pro 2017 15" Touch Bar, macOS Sierra 10.12.6, Parallels Desktop for Mac 13 Pro Edition Version 13.0.1 (42947).
    What should I do? I've got important work to do. I shouldn't be facing this after paying to upgrade to a new version of Parallels Desktop.

Attached Files:

2. CanP

CanP Bit poster

I've downgraded to Parallels Desktop 12 and my VM runs perfectly again.
    This is a serious issue and needs to be fixed ASAP. I can't run outdated software where I face the risk of corrupting my VM after any update.

3. Alfena@Parallels

Alfena@Parallels Pro