prl_updater_ctl trying to connect to naturalnews.com when starting Parallels

PetterC

Bit poster
OSx 10.8.2 RMBP mid-2012, LittleSnitch 3.0.2. and Parallels Desktop for Mac Build 7.0.15107

Anyone have experience with the prl_updater_ctl-process trying to connect to strange places?

I checked with Parallels support that gave the valuable information "that something is misconfigured" and suggested I re-install Parallels as well as LittleSnitch and have a nice day.

I was a bit surprised at the rep's apparent disinterest since if the Parallels updater service starts to behave anomalous and connect to random places something is really wrong with that process and it's more likely that this happens by design than by some random mysterious glitch.
 

Attachments

  • Screen Shot 2013-02-05 at 10.33.32.png
    Screen Shot 2013-02-05 at 10.33.32.png
    56.2 KB · Views: 14
Thought I'd reinstall Parallels and DL'ed ParallelsDesktop-7.0.15107.796624.dmg to do that.

I got "uninstall failed" back from the uninstall.app.
 

Attachments

  • Screen Shot 2013-02-06 at 11.16.17.png
    Screen Shot 2013-02-06 at 11.16.17.png
    79.2 KB · Views: 10
Contacted Support and after some tweaking they removed the old PD7 and reinstalled it. The prl_updater_ctl don't connect to places it shouldn't at the moment, so that is good.

The rep was helpful and knowledgeable, thank you. Well done.
 
Back
Top