Pro subscription: one machine, but multiple accounts?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by ShockFly, Oct 2, 2019.

1. ShockFly

ShockFly Bit poster

So I'm about to purchase a Pro subscription and found out that each subscription is a machine subscription. I understand that, but what about having multiple accounts on my MacBook? I use it for both work and personal stuff and have a Mac user account for both. I did come across this family scenario where Parallels details how to share a VM:
    https://www.parallels.com/blogs/sha...l-machine-between-multiple-mac-user-accounts/

However, it doesn't mention if that can all be done from a single subscription since it's machine based or whether that requires a subscription per person (or: per macOS account).

Basically what I want to achieve is having my work account set up with Parallels primarily and have my Windows 10 VM for work purposes running there, but I don't want to keep switching between accounts if I quickly want to do some stuff for work. I use a separate work profile in my browser (on my personal macOS account) for stuff like webmail and I'd like to be able to use Parallels on both accounts. Is that possible? Does it accept the activation through the Pro subscription because it sees the same machine? Or does it require two subscriptions (which would be crazy in my opinion)?

The primary reason I ask is because I've tried out the trial of both Parallels and VMware Fusion and VMware doesn't have a limitation for this, but I do find Parallels work better/more neatly integrated.

2. Hi, we have a policy 1 license for 1 Mac. You can share your VM between your Mac accounts.
    You can you your Parallels Desktop on 1 Mac with every accounts you have into it.
    Please let us know if you have any questions or it's not that case.