Pro Subscription Pricing Question

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by MikeFulton, Aug 22, 2015.

1. MikeFulton

MikeFulton Junior Member

I've asked this on Twitter. They asked me to send them email so I did. Then they sent back a response that didn't answer my question. So here it is again.

The upgrade offer I received via email says the new Pro subscription will cost me $49.99/year. I want to confirm that this is not just for the first years.

How much will this subscription cost me for year two? Or year three? etc.?

2. mikel51

mikel51 Bit poster

I have the same question. The upgrade page is ambiguous. It suggests that the full price for the subscription is $99/year, but that they upgrade price is $49/year. After paying $49 for the first year, will parallels ask for $49 annually, or $99 annually?

3. MikeFulton

MikeFulton Junior Member

Exactly.

4. Dear all, if auto-renewal for your subscription is on, the price will be the same at the moment of the subscription renewal.
    For more info please check this KB

5. DonR1

DonR1 Bit poster

How does one disable auto-renewal of Parallels Access without disabling auto-renewal of Parallels Desktop Pro? I don't use/want/need Parallels Access, but it appears there's only one auto-renewal control managing the two products as if they're one product - why? If Parallels Access is free beyond year 1 as gratis for the Pro subscription, then OK - some may even say that's generous. But, if an Access subscription is required to maintain the price for Desktop renewal at the $49.99 per year (existing customers), the total annual renewal price is $49.99 + $19.99 = $69.98, not $49.99 as promised. Perhaps I've jumped to conclusions and the Access subscription is not required to preserve the $49.99 renewal price for Desktop, though it appears that Parallels' customers must go out of their way to contact Parallels support to disentangle their Desktop license and keep its auto-renewal enabled. I think many of your customers are fed up at this point and will interpret this as yet another deliberate calculation by Parallels to fleece its unsuspecting customers.

As a Parallels Desktop customer since v7 having upgraded every version since, this v11 upgrade has really soured my long held image I'd had of Parallels, and its solution brand. A rude awakening. I see this has been the effect for many of Parallels once loyal fans (customers). Many feel painted into a corner by Parallels - put between a rock and a hard place.

6. mcgroarty

mcgroarty Member

Does this mean the $0 Parallels Access subscription we get when we sign up for a $49 Parallels Pro subscription remains at $0 as well?

7. Guys, there will be no additional charge for your Parallels Access subscription, and also we cannot split this subscription to Parallels Access and Parallels Desktop

8. DonR1

DonR1 Bit poster

That's a pleasant surprise.
    Thank you Maria

9. VeerasakP

VeerasakP Bit poster

I currently have PD 14 one-time license and see that PD Pro 15 upgrade subscription is $39.99 today. My questions are,

Q1: Can I upgrade from PD 14 one-time license to PD Pro 15 subscription?
    Q2: If answer to Q1 is yes, will this $39.99 annual subscription upgrade still the same for next year and so on?

10. Q1: Hi, yes you can purchase Parallels Desktop 15 upgrade and use your Parallels Desktop 14 key as a confirmation key.
    Q2: No, next year you will need to purchase it for the usual price.
    Please let us know if you have any additional info.

11. VeerasakP

VeerasakP Bit poster

Hi Maria, I got it and thank you for your reply.

Maria@Parallels likes this.