Problem converting VMware Fusion machine to Parallels

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by jhyiesla, Aug 25, 2016.

1. jhyiesla

jhyiesla Bit poster

I am running Parallels for Mac 11. I am trying to convert a Windows 7 64-bit machine that's running on Fusion 8.1. I've done conversions in the past without issue, but this one isn't working. I have removed the VMware tools from the machine, I've shut it down, and I've made sure that the Split disk is NOT checked. I open Parallels and tell it to do a file open and I select the Fusion machine and tell it to put it in the Parallels folder where other VM's live. It goes through the first part OK, but then starts an upgrading part. About 1/3 of the way thru, I can see in the dock that it appears the machine is in some Windows recovery mode. Eventually that does pop up in the upgrade window asking if I want to reboot the computer. I say yes and then it eventually pops back up in the windows recovery mode and I've no way out of that. Eventually I just Force Quit the app. I've tried it twice now and have the same thing both times. Any ideas how I can get past this?

2. DustinHullett

DustinHullett Product Expert

did you have the fusion VM encrypted in any way?

3. jhyiesla

jhyiesla Bit poster

No, it's a straight install on an unencrypted Mac.