Problem ID: 44

BrettAstrid

Bit poster
Hello!

I installed Parallels 8 a week ago and have Windows 8 release preview running on it. Today I received a note about an upgrade of P8. I installed it and now it gives me an error "Unable to start the virtual machine". The error ID is 44. I found some replies to this error together with 430, but these solutions don't work for me. I have never had any other versions of Parallels before and my MacBook Pro is version 8,2.

Please help!
 
It worked

Didn't at first read your warning I have to STOP the virtual machine before making the power change, but once I did, we're back in business

Thanks
 
Removing .mem and .sav files from the pvm and then starting the Virtual Machine also do help in this issue.
 
However do make a note that : If mem and sav files are removed then all unsaved data from your last Windows session will be lost. as mentioned in the KB : http://kb.parallels.com/en/5033
 
Back
Top