Problem launching parallels desktop, quit unexpectedly!

CindyT

Bit poster
Hi,

I have problem launching parallels desktop on my mac. Every time I try to launch I would receive the following message "The application Parallels Destop quit unexpectedly." Relaunching and Resetting didn't work. Even after I reinstalling parallals, the same problem still exist.

I have important documents in my parallels window xp, and I have to get this fixed as soon as possible. Can someone give me a hint what to do?

Thanks in advance!

Cindy
 
Hello cindy T,

Which Build and version of Parallels Desktop you are using?

You need to uninstall and reinstall Parallels Desktop by using the .dmg file or the CD
 
same problem

I installed parallels for mac version 3.0
I'm running may os 10.5.7
there is nothing in the knowledge base to help me.
I need a response from a live person
 
Hello cindy T,

Please follow the below mentioned procedure :

If you are using Parallels Desktop 3.0 use this link to download the latest build .dmg file :

http://download.parallels.com/v3/en/GA/Parallels-Desktop-5636-Mac-en.dmg

1. After downloading

2. Double click on it.

3. Choose Uninstall.

4. Select Uninstall Applications Settings as well when prompted.

5. After it completes the uninstall double click on the .dmg file again.

6. Choose Install.

7. Try to launch Parallels.

8. Start the Virtual Machine and see if that works.
 
I have the same problem, tried to uninstall and install again, as well as with my 3.0 cd as with this link, but the problem remains. what can I do?
 
Back
Top