Problem setting up Windows 10 Bootcamp on Parallels 11

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by RyanF2, Aug 21, 2017.

1. RyanF2

RyanF2 Bit poster

My computer is a 2015 15" MacBook Pro and I finished installing Windows 10 through bootcamp a couple hours ago and have been running into a problem when I try to get it to run with Parallels 11.

Code:
    When I follow the instructions from http://kb.parallels.com/en/112941 I run into an error when selecting the hard disk: Failed to configure the Boot Camp partitions hard disk.
    A disk configuration error has occurred. Make sure that you have read/write permissions for the disk.
    With the following under more details
    Code:
    Error: PRL_ERR_UNIMPLEMENTED (0x80000008)
    Path: '/Users/flygen/Documents/Parallels/Windows 10 Bootcamp.pvm/APPLE SSD SM0512F (disk0).hdd'
    I have gone through the help article on it, my Parallels is updated to the most recent version of Parallels 11, I do not have any other 3rd party NTFS utilities to uninstall, and my bootcamp install isn't recognized by VMWare Fusion either.

2. RyanF2

RyanF2 Bit poster

If it helps, I was watching console and when I tried to choose the bootcamp hard disk and the error popped up these two popped up in the console:
    Code:
    file:///Applications/Parallels%20Desktop.app/Contents/Library/QuickLook/ParallelsQL.qlgenerator/ has no identifier: ignoring
    Code:
    SandboxViolation: bird(437) deny(1) file-read-data /Applications/Parallels Desktop.app/Contents/Library/QuickLook/ParallelsQL.qlgenerator