Problem with subscription

Discussion in 'Parallels Toolbox for Mac' started by Frederick5, Mar 3, 2022.

1. Frederick5

Frederick5 Bit poster

Dear Parallel team,

I noticed that my toolbox subscription expired last month. But I checked your bonus software policy, which stated that:
    • With a perpetual Parallels Desktop for Mac license, you get a three-month subscription for Parallels Toolbox for Mac and Windows.
    • With a Parallels Desktop for Mac Standard or Pro Edition subscription, Parallels Toolbox is valid for the duration of your subscription.
    I thought I have the Parallels Desktop for Mac Standard subscription and here is the screenshot of my licenses. So is this a mistake upload_2022-3-4_14-17-52.png [​IMG]

LaurenceC likes this.
  2. LaurenceC

LaurenceC Member

did Parallels answer you as I have my parallels toolbox expiring and i have the same version....and i have never had to renew toolbox before.

3. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hello, please help us with your purchased reference number so that we can check and assist you further.

4. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hello, please help us with your purchased reference number so that we can check and assist you further.

5. LaurenceC

LaurenceC Member

its 307899209 however i have had many unsuccessful l conversations with Parallels staff and got nowhere. there was no mention anywhere on the add I purchased from about Toolbox expiring. hopefully i will be able to get rid of parallels forever soon. not happy with your company,

6. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hello, as per your provided purchased reference number, we can see that you have purchased Parallels Desktop 17 permanent upgrade. We would like to clarify that with a perpetual Parallels Desktop for Mac license you get a three-month subscription for Parallels Toolbox for Mac and Windows and with a Parallels Desktop for Mac Standard or Pro Edition subscription, Parallels Toolbox is valid for the duration of your subscription. Please visit this KB article to know more about bonus software.

7. LaurenceC

LaurenceC Member

no as I keep explaining to one of your colleges this is a new thing youve obviously implemented and is is not clear when purchasing. in the years weve been running the permanent edition of Parallels Toolbox has never expired. that KB article is hidden on your site and was not obvious when we purchased from this promotion Parallels Desktop Black Friday 2021 Promotion - 20% Off Discount - Parallels Blog...
    as someone stated
    • With a Parallels Desktop for Mac Standard or Pro Edition subscription, Parallels Toolbox is valid for the duration of your subscription.

8. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hello, the above statement is correct. When we say subscription, it means yearly subscription. Under Standard Edition there are 2 types of licenses. One is permanent another is yearly subscription.

9. LaurenceC

LaurenceC Member

yes HOWEVER AS I KEEP EXPLAINING (AND YOUR NOT LISTENING) WE HAVE NEVER HAD TOOLBOX EXPIRE. ON THE ADD WE PURCHASED FROM IT DOES NOT SAY ANYWHERE THAT THE PERMANENT VERSION EXPIRES. I THINK PARALLELS HAVE DECEIVED US HERE...BUT THAT FINE WE JUST WONT EVER RECOMMEND YOUR PRODUCTS AND WILL CEASE USING THEM IF THIS IS HOW YOU ARE GOING TO BE...:(