Problem with wrong language pack

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by mblohm, Nov 16, 2012.

1. mblohm

mblohm Bit poster

After installing parallels 8 under mountain lion, I made an windows 7 ultimate multilanguage installation. During the beginning of the installation process, Parallels/Windows does not ask me about my prefered language, which would be german.
    Unfortuneatly the installation program installs Windows 7 with bulgarian language, which is totaly unreadable for me. I do not want to reinstall the german language pack, because I have to make a lot of changes in many menus. In some cases the language is still bulgarian, for example in the "windows update" window and it is not possible to declare a second language pack, f.e. german as the new system language.

my question:
    is there a chance to choose german before the installing process starts, so that german is the system language of windows 7
    thanks and sorry for my bad english.
    mblohm

Last edited: Nov 16, 2012
  2. JohnGillham

JohnGillham Bit poster

Me too

My Windows 7 loaded in Russian (I think). Where did we go wrong and what can we do about it. I do NOT remember seeing a language option.

3. lnac98

lnac98 Bit poster

Me tooooo!

I too am having this problem. Windows 7 seems to be installing in Bulgarian by default w/ no option the change it during installation (even if I switch to manual mode). This is crap! What's going on here? I speak English!

4. lnac98

lnac98 Bit poster

Got it!!!

So, there is this little checkbox at the top of the window where you enter the windows activation code that says 'Express Installation', or something like that. UNCHECK that frickin checkbox and you can select your language during installation. Yaaaaay!!!

5. mblohm

mblohm Bit poster

In order to fix this issue, We performed below mentioned steps:

We deleted the previous Windows 7 Operating system .pvm bundle.
    (finder[on Dock]--> users-->(user name)--> documents--> Parallels--> right click on "Windows 7.pvm" and select Move to trash).

Then installed New Windows virtual Machine in your language.
    ( When Windows started loading file, hit "F8" button and choose the option "Start Windows normally". Then it will prompt a window and asks you select
    the language)

Once the installation completes, please install the Parallels Tools.
    (Click on Virtual Machine menu[on Parallels desktop menu bar]--> select "Install/Reinstall Parallels Tools").

Reboot the Windows VM once the Parallels tools installation completes.

I hope this could be helpful.

mbloh