Problem with your support doc on improving virtual performance

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by VickiM, Apr 7, 2018.

1. VickiM

VickiM Bit poster

I just upgraded to 13 and have a virtual machine running Windows 7. I wanted to review settings to improve performance, and in your forums you repeatedly refer people to this doc: https://kb.parallels.com/112091

I'm trying to follow this text:
    Virtual Machine Configuration
    1. Shutdown your VM > open its configuration > switch to Options tab > Optimization > Set performance to Faster virtual machineand enable Tune Windows for speed. You can also turn on the Better performance option under 'Power', but this may consume more battery.
    .... but there is no Options > Optimization option and I can't find anything similar. (see screenshot) Please advise.

Attached Files:

2. Hello VickiM. Optimization tab is no longer available in Parallels Desktop Home Edition. It is available only in Parallels Desktop Pro Edition and Business Edition. However, you can set the processor, memory and the graphics memory to the recommended limit which will improve the performance of the virtual machine.

3. VickiM

VickiM Bit poster

Thanks, it would be helpful to add that information to the support document, which specifically states that it applies to the Home Edition.

4. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

Your feedback will be passed to the management. Thank you.

5. TerryS6

TerryS6 Bit poster

Good that you noticed this. I imagine how much time I'd spend looking for this tab when I switch to Parallels. I always try to get the max out of my config