Problems Installing Windows 10 on Parallels 12

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration' started by bmconstant1., Sep 10, 2017.

1. bmconstant1.

bmconstant1. Bit Poster

Hi, I am trying to install Windows 10 on my Parallels version. I have downloaded the 64 GB version of Windows and have the .iso file. It's 3.89 GB. I tried dragging/dropping the file into the parallels wizard and receive an "Unable to Detect Operating System" prompt. I selected "Continue" to proceed anyway.

Under "Please Select Your Operating System" I chose "Windows 10". I have two options: Productivity or Games only. I chose Productivity. I selected Continue on the next page to confirm disc space. The Parallels Window runs and looks like it's installing. I chose English for the Windows setup menu, then choose continue. In the Windows setup menu, I have an error message: "Load driver: A media driver your computer needs is missing. This could be a DVD, UsB, or hard disk driver. If you have a CD, DVD, or USB flash drive with the driver on it, please insert it now. Note: If this installation media for Windows is in the DVD drive or on a USB drive, you can safely remove it for this step."

And from there, I'm stuck. Is something wrong with my .iso file or is there an issues with how I'm using the Parallels wizard to install??? Please help!

2. kat

kat Product Expert

Hi, Are these the directions you followed for installation? Your .iso copy of Windows 10 may be corrupt so you may need to download another copy of Windows 10.
    Before you re-download I would try above instructions .

3. BenjaminC5

BenjaminC5 Bit Poster

I RECENTLY UPGRADED FROM PD 12 TO PD 13 AND IM ALSO USING A BRAND NEW LAPTOP. ( OLD LAPTOP WHERE PD 12 WAS INSTALLED WAS SURRENDERED TO APPLE AND WAS WIPED OUT WITH ALL DATA ). HOWEVER, WINDOWS WONT INSTALL. ANYONE WHO CAN HELP ME ON THIS PLEASE?

Attached Files:

• W10.png
      W10.png
      File size:
      214.8 KB
      Views:
  4. kat

kat Product Expert

Please see this forum post
    Please let me know if this solves your issue