Problems with license registration

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by MartinY, May 29, 2020.

1. MartinY

MartinY Junior Member

Hello - would welcome help on the following:

I purchased an upgrade from Parallels 12 to 15 today; during the activation and upgrade I wanted to change my email address (currently moving ISP). However I seem to have done them in the wrong order as I'm now stuck in a situation where I have a functioning Parallels 15 installation which has accepted the old and new license keys, but on my account online it only shows the ver 12 license. When I try to add the ver 15 license to my account it says it's registered in a different name. I've tried putting in the old email address but it's not accepting that either.

Is someone from Parallels able to help with this? I have invoices and valid keys for both instances. Thanks.

2. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We can see your Parallels Desktop 15 key is registered with "home@my***.plus.com".

3. MartinY

MartinY Junior Member

@Ajith@Parallels thanks for the quick reply.

When I log into your website I can see my new email address "home@my***.com" on my account (in the Dashboard) but that only shows the license key for ver 12 and won't allow me to add the ver 15 key. On my Mac I'm logged in as "home@my***.plus.com".

I'm concerned that if I log out of Parallels on my Mac (from "home@my***.plus.com") that I'll lose the upgrade link between ver 12 and 15 and it will stop working.

I want to end up with both keys registered to "home@my***.com" so I have proof of purchase and ownership for each.

Screenshot attached (personal details obscured) which hopefully will help with explaining this.

screenshots.png

4. MartinY

MartinY Junior Member

5. kavyaM

kavyaM Hunter

@MartinY We have transferred the licenses to "home@my***.com" so please login using that email address and check.