Program permissions issue

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Parallels User, Jun 10, 2021.

1. I'm using Parallels 16.5.0 on a Macbook Air M1. Been using Windows 10 on and off for a few months now and it's generally worked well.

I'm having problems running one particular program https://www.ross-tech.com/vcds/download/current.php but I suspect this may be a generic issue.
    When running the progam for the first time after installation, it puts up an error message saying that it can't open a particular data file which "must be in a location where the program has WRITE permission".

The data file is located in the program's main folder, in Windows\Program Files\... I've tried reinstalling in other locations without success.

Any suggestions why this permission isn't available?

2. Just to add, I know that people are using the same program successfully under Parallels with perevious versions of Mac. There seems to be something different under Parallels with M1 that is causing this problem.

3. Hi, could you collect the tech report once the issue reoccurs and post the report's ID here please?

4. Thank you Maria.
    I have posted a report and description of the problem as # 371898826