Program "Pop-ups" always appear in the background in Coherence - Parallels 17

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by PhilippB5, May 8, 2024.

1. PhilippB5

PhilippB5

Hello,
    I use a Win11 virtual machine with Parallels Desktop 17 on my Macbook Air M1. Whenever I use programs in Coherence mode, pop-ups/prompts (e.g. save as.. or other settings) appear behind the main window of the program.
    Is there a way to circumvent this?
    Cheers
    Philipp

2. DennisL18

DennisL18 Bit poster

Hello,

It seems you're encountering an issue where program pop-ups and prompts are appearing behind the main window when using Parallels Desktop 17 in Coherence mode. This can be quite frustrating, but there are a few steps you can try to resolve this issue:

Reinstall Parallels Tools: Sometimes, reinstalling Parallels Tools can fix display issues in Coherence mode.
    Check for Updates: Ensure that both your Parallels Desktop and Windows 11 are up to date with the latest patches and updates.
    Adjust Display Settings: Some users have found success by adjusting their display settings, such as ticking 'Use all Displays in Full Screen' in the virtual machine settings.
    Exit and Re-enter Coherence Mode: Try exiting Coherence mode and then re-entering it. This can sometimes refresh the display behavior and resolve the issue.

I hope the information may helps you.

3. DennisL18

DennisL18 Bit poster

Is this information was helpful or not? If you need any help let me know.