ProPresenter 6 crashes in Mac VM

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by StephenF11, Sep 28, 2021.

1. StephenF11

StephenF11 Bit poster

Hello. I downloaded the 14 day trial version of Parallels 17 and installed it on my MacBook Pro that I bought at Best Buy. Overall I'm pretty happy and I intend to purchase Parallels. Since Catalina doesn't support 32-bit software I installed some VMs such as Mavericks 10.9 and High Sierra 10.13 so I could use older software. Office 2011 installed successfully under Parallels.

Once issue I'm having: When I install ProPresenter 6 under those VMs, the install completes successfully and I'm even able to register my church and registration key. However, once I try to run it, I get an immediate crash (opens and closes in the Dock right away). I do not seem to get any error message. Is there somewhere I would be able to find an error log? While I can use PP6 under Catalina, I'd be interested in seeing it run under the VM if at all possible.

I don't really care for the Fisher-Price look of Big Sur so wanted to stick with Catalina for now.

My machine is MWP72/LLA. i5 2.0GHz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, 4 Thunderbolts

Attached Files:

2. StephenF11

StephenF11 Bit poster

I did an additional search and ran the Console app but don't know how to fix the issue. It happens under both Mavericks and High Sierra, so I'm inclined to believe it's an issue with Parallels since the app works fine under both those OS's when run as host instead of guest.

Attached Files: