Publishing with Enviornmental Variables

Discussion in 'Parallels Remote Application Server' started by aberry, Jul 21, 2006.

1. aberry

aberry Guest

I am having diffuculty publishing Locations, Start Directory, and Parameters fields while attempting to use enviornmental variables such as %USERNAME% and/or %USERPROFILE%.

Is this possible or not? We have proprietary software with executibles in directories named identical to the user's login name that require command line switches using enviornmental variables as described above.

ApplicationServer works wonderful if I specify the username, but with so many different user requirements, we cannot just publish one single executible.

Any suggestions? We will purchase this software if we can get this function working...thanks!

2. Lee

Lee Guest

currently such variables are not recognised by applicationserver.

perhaps they will be implemented in a future version.

3. McShinsky

McShinsky Guest

Work around

A work around I have done is to create a .BAT or .CMD file with your command line. One I used was c:\windows\explorer2.exe "%homedrive%" to connect to the users home drive. Using that in the app setup does not work but if you publish a .BAT or .CMD file with the variable inside, it works. I also use the SHOWCONSOLE.EXE utility with the HIDE switch so the command window cannot be seen