Purchased 8 in 2012, just purchased 11...and I can't activate it?!

DanielY1

Bit poster
I purchased Parallels with my original, now deceased, Mac. It was version 8, and it was the full version. So when I recently got a new Mac, I naturally upgraded to the most recent version, which is 11.

The damn program won't accept my purchased 8 key! What the hell is going on? And of course there is no support email, unlike every other company on the planet!
 
I purchased Parallels with my original, now deceased, Mac. It was version 8, and it was the full version. So when I recently got a new Mac, I naturally upgraded to the most recent version, which is 11.

The damn program won't accept my purchased 8 key! What the hell is going on? And of course there is no support email, unlike every other company on the planet!
Hello Daniel,
According to our licensing policy, an upgrade to Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac is supported from the following versions only:
Parallels Desktop 9 for Mac
Parallels Desktop 9 for Mac Upgrade
Parallels Desktop 10 for Mac
Parallels Desktop 10 for Mac Upgrade
If your previous version key is for Parallels Desktop 8 or earlier, please visit the Parallels Online Store to purchase a full license for Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac. You may also refer to this article.
 
Back
Top