Purchased permanent Parallels Desktop for Mac but it doesn't work and states need to renew

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by DiegoT1, Mar 25, 2019.

1. DiegoT1

DiegoT1 Bit poster

Hi, I had a 1 year subscription for Parallels Desktop for Mac 14 and 1 month before it expired, I bought a permanent license Parallels Desktop for Mac and activated it. But now that the 1 year subscription expired, I cannot use Parallels Desktop. The permanent license Parallels Desktop for Mac is active but I don't know why I can't use the application. I tried uninstalling and rebooting the Mac but same result. I tried this command: prlsrvctl deactivate-license , to unregister the key and then activate it again (saw it in a forum) but it says "Unable to deactivate the product. Your type of license cannot be deactivated.".
    I would really appreciate a little help with this problem that doesn't allow me to work. Im uploading some screenshots. Thanks in advance.

Diego. Captura de pantalla 2019-03-25 a la(s) 15.35.04.png
    Captura de pantalla 2019-03-25 a la(s) 15.11.29.png

2. Hi @DiegoT1, we've reset your Parallels license key. Please try to uninstall Parallels Desktop once again, install it and activate.
    Let us know the results please.

3. DiegoT1

DiegoT1 Bit poster

Hi, I tried uninstalling Parallels Desktop (moved the app to the trash and then emptied it, and then downloaded again parallels) but the problem persists. When I tried to activate my key, as you said, in the web page, it said the I already had the key in my account. I really appreciate your help, now what could I try? Captura de pantalla 2019-03-26 a la(s) 17.56.24.png Captura de pantalla 2019-03-26 a la(s) 17.54.04.png

4. Diego, please disable autorenewal in your expired Parallels Desktop subscriptions https://kb.parallels.com/en/123306
    And then please try to activate 14 version with your permanent key.
    Let us know how it works.

5. DiegoT1

DiegoT1 Bit poster

Hi, I cannot disable auto renewal in my expired Parallels Desktop subscriptions. The deactivated option is not there, instead it says "Contact Parallels"
    And when I try to activate my key, it says that I already had the key in my account. Im really frustrated, what can I try now?. Thanks in advance.

Captura de pantalla 2019-03-28 a la(s) 13.09.09.png Captura de pantalla 2019-03-28 a la(s) 13.09.23.png

Attached Files:

6. DiegoT1

DiegoT1 Bit poster

Hi, I tried opening my account again and it shows something different. I tried following the steps and select the permanent license, but then it asks me for a previous activation key and I tried all the ones I have but none of them work and the following error message appears. What can I do now?

Captura de pantalla 2019-03-28 a la(s) 15.23.06.png Captura de pantalla 2019-03-28 a la(s) 15.21.36.png

7. Could you please translate the error message?

8. DiegoT1

DiegoT1 Bit poster

it says

The license server has not accepted the pre-activation key.
    Check that it has been correctly Your activation keys are stored in your Parallels account. If you do not want to get complicated in the future with different activation keys and update procedures, we recommend that you purchase a subscription to Parallels Desktop

9. DiegoT1

DiegoT1 Bit poster

In any case, can I get a refund and then buy it again? This problem cannot be delayed anymore, it is affecting my work.

10. Hi, I've checked your order and the status is: payment declined by card issuer.
    Did you make any changes with your payment?

11. DiegoT1

DiegoT1 Bit poster

I almost bought another license by error. So I had to cancel my credit card to avoid the payment of a product that i already have.
    So the issue is still the same, is it fixable or can I get a refund??

12. Could you please provide me with your purchase order? I'll check it and reply you back with info about refund.

13. DiegoT1

DiegoT1 Bit poster

Sure.
    Reference number:
    Billing Number
    AKD-73669466058

14. Your order has been refunded.

15. DAVIDM71

DAVIDM71 Bit poster

Hello I purchased Parallels Desktop 10 for Mac May 2015 now I want to use it again on my new Mac is this possible without paying again
    Thanks

16. Hi DAVIDM71. Please provide the macOS version on which you are trying to use Parallels Desktop 10 for Mac.

17. LilisO

LilisO Bit poster

Hallo, I purchased Parallels Desktop 12/09/2021. Invoice Number: AKD-73693049673. It's been working for a while. But now there is an error so I reinstall the software I can't activate it again using the Key that I got from the purchase. Please help.
    Thanks.

18. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hi, what is the exact error message you are getting, while trying to activate Parallels Desktop?

19. LilisO

LilisO Bit poster

Thanks for the reply. They said my key number is wrong.

Attached Files:

20. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hi, are you trying to active Windows using Parallels Desktop license key?