.PVM and Aliases no longer launch Virtual Machine in PD9

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Carl Masters, May 10, 2014.

1. Carl Masters

Carl Masters Bit poster

Since upgrading to Parallels Desktop 9 on my system .PVM files and alias and even the VM List on the PD9 dock icon no longer launch the virtual machine directly unless parallels desktop is already running.
    1. Ensure PD9 is not running.
    2. Either double-click a .PVM or right-click the PD9 dock icon and choose a VM.
    3. Observe Parallels does not launch the VM, instead it brings up the Virtual Machines list.

The correct behavior of directly launching the VM existed in V8 as far as 8.0.18619 on my machine.

Can anyone else confirm this new behavior? IMHO this is a bug but I could also be missing something or have a mis-configured system hence the question :).

Thanks.

Last edited: May 10, 2014
  2. Ram@Parallels

Ram@Parallels Parallels Support

Hello Cmasters ,

Please Follow the steps mentioned below :

1. Perform repair disk permissions: Go to applications > utilities > Disk utilities > choose Mac HD > Click repair disk permissions.
    2. Restart Mac once repair disk permissions completed.
    3. Download Parallels Desktop 9 from : www.Parallels.com/directdownload/pd9 and install it.
    4. Start the Virtual Machine.

3. Carl Masters

Carl Masters Bit poster

Thanks. Repairing permissions was all it took to fix it up. Tho I could've sworn I tried that a long time ago. But just did it this past week as part of 10.9.3 update and PD9 seems to have been sorted out. Again, thanks for your help! :)

4. Maheesh@Parallels

Maheesh@Parallels Parallels Support Parallels Support

Hello Cmasters,

It's great to hear that your issue has been fixed and you were able to work on it without any issues.

Feel free to get back to us if you need any assistance.