pvm file copied to external drive stopped working

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Vanessa2, May 26, 2016.

1. Vanessa2

Vanessa2 Bit poster

Hi,
    I have a copied a pvm file to an external drive. I have used twice the copied file on parallels with no problems, but now I can not open. The following error messages shows:

"No operating system installed in this virtual machine. Insert an operating system installation CD into the optical drive of your Mac and restart the virtual machine".

A lot of people on this forum have the same problem but no resolution has been given so far. So the talk of install a new windows does not resolve any problem because I can not open my previous data on the new windows install.

So PLEASE Parallels give a solution for this problem once and for all, other away I will go back to VMware.
    Solution other than install new windows, which it will only create a new pvm file and nothing else.

Thanks,
    Vanessa

2. Hello Vanessa2,
    To investigate further regarding the trouble, kindly let us know the size of the .pvm file which you have copied to the external drive.
    And also try to double click on the .pvm file from the external drive and check if it works.

3. mmika

mmika Pro

Hello Vanessa2,
    please generate a "report a problem" data, submit to parallels and share its ID here.
    Thank you.