Sometimes pvsnatd acts up and eats all available CPU cycles. I have the following setup: Host Mac OS X Leopard with two guests, one WindowsXP and the other one RedHat Linux. Both guest use shared networking thus forming a virtual LAN. I have enabled some port forwarding in Parallel so that Windows XP can share drives with the outside world and RedHat can offer Oracle connectivity (there is Oracle running on RedHat). I do Windows specific client/server development against the Oracle server. The Oracle Server itself must access other servers in the outside world (outside means outside of my Mac). The connection to this outside word is direct when I am at the customers site but through OpenVPN when I am remote (the Mac is a MBP with 4GB RAM). On the other hand when I am at the customers I routinely connect again with OpenVPN from the Mac to my own office server. So most of the time I have that virtual LAN "inside" Parallels, a direct connection to the external LAN from the Mac and an OpenVPN connection so some remote LAN. In this scenario often pvsnatd starts to eat CPU. Only a reboot of the whole Mac can then remedy things. Is this something that is known? Any workarounds?
Thanks for listening and help
Thanks for listening and help