Question about "drive" C in Windows:

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by BenH4, Feb 21, 2017.

1. BenH4

BenH4 Bit poster

Hello together,

I am new in this forum. Since yesterday I run parallels on my new Mac Book Pro, since I need some
    PC Programms.
    MAC: OS Sierra
    PC: Windows 10

Where do I best install PC programs now. I am irritated by the drive C in Windows. It was created automatically
    with 127GB when I installed WIN 10. As a graphic designer I use Freehand MX and installed it in Programms.
    Is that correct or am I free to install under Home on MAC (Z) -----> screenshot attached.
    In the future I will also use 3dsMAx which is a quite "powerful" 3D tool. Does it matter performance wise where
    I install? Can I increase the size of C: ?

Thanks a lot for your help in advance!
    Ben

Attached Files:

2. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi BenH4,
    The Mac files located in the Shared folder have the /Users/Shared/ physical path but only Home directory that has /Users/yourUserName/ path is shared in the virtual machine configuration. In Windows click on "Parallels Shared folders" shortcut located on the Desktop or go to Windows Explorer > Network, here you will see Shared folder with all its contents. You are correct! You have installed Freehand MX programs in Windows virtual machine. You can also use a quite powerful tool by increasing Video RAM and CPU level as suggested in this article.