Questions about installing new version of Windows 10

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by AmeliaT, Jan 17, 2017.

1. AmeliaT

AmeliaT Bit poster

I'm working on an iMac (3.2 GHz i5), OS 10.12.2, Parallels Desktop for Mac v. 12.1.2.
    Everything is working great. I have a 32 bit version of Windows 10 running. I have a new/clean 64 bit version I want to load. The only programs I run on Windows is Quicken and QuickBooks. How do I go about the Windows/VM swap? Do I just delete the VM and reinstall the 64 bit version? Do I need to uninstall the two programs first? If not, will they be there with the new version of Windows? Thanks!

2. Guna@Parallels

Guna@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @AmeliaT
    Thanks for your feedback! Basically, you can run as many virtual machines as you want, depending on your Mac resources. If you would like to delete the Windows 10 32 bit version, you can delete it! But, your Quicken & QuickBooks will also be deleted.
    A new installation of Windows 10 64 bit will not contain Quicken & QuickBooks. You have to reinstall it manually.

3. AmeliaT

AmeliaT Bit poster

Guna, that is what I thought, just wanted to make sure. I'm relatively new to running parallels and wasn't sure about the file system between OS X and windows, etc. Didn't want to mess anything up. Thanks.

4. Please let us know if you have any additional questions about Parallels Desktop