Quick Assist doesn't work

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by RobertS74, Apr 19, 2021.

1. RobertS74

RobertS74 Bit poster

I just installed the new Parallels for M1 Mac but QuickAssist on Windows 10 still won't work. Is this a Parallels issue, or the Insider release of Windows 10? Anyone out there have a working QuickAssist on Parallels Windows 10?

2. Hi, could you provide us with a bit more details of the QuickAssist issue please?
    Are you unable to start it or it's hangs after start?

3. RobertS74

RobertS74 Bit poster

What I start quick assist it displays the standard dialog with field for entering code or assist someone else. After clicking on "help another" it requests my microsoft email address. Sometimes it then require my password, but in both cases it then shows in QA dialog the message shown in attached files

Attached Files:

4. SteveK14

SteveK14 Bit poster

Same issue, that Quick Assist app does not work on Parallels Version 16.5.0 (50692. See the chronology in the uploaded screenshots. The issue appears to be that Windows 10 in Parallels thinks it us using Edge for Mac. What Edge has to do with Quick Assist I do not know. When Quick Assist asks for credentials and I fill them in with my Microsoft account username and then enter password is when I get the message that I need an updated Edge. This last attempt it took me to a window to set up Microsoft Internet Explorer, a dead app. Then, it froze and I had to go to Task Manager to quit Explorer setup. Checking in the Apps control panel, Internet Explorer is not there.

Back to the main issue, Quick Assist does not work in Parallels on an M1 Mac. Mine is MacBook Air with 16GB RAM.

As the original post asked, "Is this a Parallels issue, or the Insider release of Windows 10? Anyone out there have a working QuickAssist on Parallels Windows 10?"

Attached Files:

5. RobertS74

RobertS74 Bit poster

I posted this problem on the Microsoft forum and they replied that Quick Assist doesn't work with the current version of M1 Windows 10. "It will be fixed in a future release". What future means they didn't say.

6. SteveK14

SteveK14 Bit poster

Thank you! That is what I suspected. I need full Windows functionality that includes Quick Assist so I can help my family with their Windows problems and not have to use my Windows PC. Parallels is not a solution for me until then. On the other hand, I am impressed with the otherwise excellent integration that Parallels has done with this newest version. The Team is to be commended on their progress!

Thanks again.

7. ManlioL

ManlioL Bit poster

I have the same problem with parallels 17.1.1 and windows 11 22000.376, with the message that asks to upgrade my browser.
    But with a new installation of Windows 11 Insider (dev channel) 22523.1000, downloading the iso from uupdump, quickassist works.
    I have also tried to upgrade a new windows 11 22000.376 vm to 22523.1000 but still quickassist do not works.

8. Stephanv

Stephanv Bit poster

I had the same issue since replacing my mac from an Intel model to an M2 model.
    However, can confirm the issue is solved with Parallels Version 19.0.0!

9. Avinash Bundhoo

Avinash Bundhoo Staff Member

Hello Stephanv,

Thank you for your feedback.

Please note that Quick Assist is now supported on Apple Silicon computers.

For more information, please go to the link https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...-history-ec4c2c86-134a-4f3e-9fe2-c0030a751bd9

Please update Quick Assist to the latest version.

Thanks